Strategies and Plans
Council has a number of strategies and plans they implement, both individually and in conjunction with other organisations. These are developed at the beginning of the planning process to outline Council objectives and develop an action plan to achieve those objectives.
- Communication and Engagement Strategy 2020 (PDF, 9.7MB)
- Community Development Strategy (PDF, 741KB)
- Digital Enablement Plan (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Draft Reserve Management Plan - Windsor Park and Thomson Arboretum (PDF, 10.6MB)
- Economic Development Strategy (PDF, 877.8KB)
- Farm Business Report 2020 (PDF, 462.5KB)
- King Edward Park Reserve Management Plan (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Reserve Management Plan (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Stratford Aerodrome Strategic Development Plan (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Victoria Park Reserve Management Plan (PDF, 5.2MB)
- Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (WMMP) (PDF, 2.3MB)
Land Development and Subdivision Infrastructure Standard (Local Amendments Version 3) - Based on NZS4404:2010
The adopted Land Development and Subdivision Infrastructure Standard sets out the minimum standards of technical performance and quality for the subdivision and development of land and infrastructure.
This is the key technical standard that is applied when new infrastructure assets are constructed and existing infrastructure assets are upgraded. This standard has been developed for use in the New Plymouth District, South Taranaki and Stratford districts as a result of a series of workshops with industry professionals.
NZS4404:2010 has been developed at a national level and first adapted at a local level in 2013 in order to best apply to our local context.
The standard provides Council, developers, and their professional advisors with standards for design and construction of land development and subdivision infrastructure such as earthworks, roads, pipework and landscaping. The overarching principle of the standard is to encourage sustainable development and modern design outcomes that emphasise liveability and environmental quality.
NPDC holds a copyright agreement with Standards NZ. This agreement controls the copying and distribution of the document. Please contact Standards NZ for a full copy of the base NZS4404:2010 standard.
An electronic version of the Land Development and Subdivision Infrastructure Standard (Local Amendments Version 3) is available below in accordance with Standards NZ licence agreement. The electronic version is not for printing.
Stratford 2035 - Making it Real is the the umbrella being used to launch a discussion about a number of projects and strategies. These include the updated Economic Development Strategy, Future of Broadway project, and District Plan Review. The Reserve Management Plans for King Edward Park and Victoria Park are also being reviewed as part of Stratford 2035.