Stratford Transfer Station is located at the southern end of Cordelia Street (06 765 8500).
You are able to dispose of general waste, recycling and glass, greenwaste, small quantities of motor oil and old IT equipment and appliances. For current refuse fees, click here to view the council's Fees and Charges document.
All recycling at the Stratford Transfer Station is free to deposit.
Please follow the directions of the staff in all circumstances.
Transfer Station Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2pm to 5pm
Wednesday 10am to 1pm
Weekend and Statutory Holidays 1pm to 5pm
Good Friday Closed
Christmas Day Closed
Greenwaste at Transfer Station
- Prunings (untreated branches up to 10cm in diameter)
- Lawn clippings
- Garden waste and leaves
- Stringy plants (flaxes, cabbage trees, ponga, yucca, bamboo) - General waste
- Noxious weeds and invasive species (agapanthus, ginger plants, box thorn, Norfolk pines) - General waste
- Plants that have been sprayed - General waste
- Branches (over 10cm in diameter) - Chop up for firewood
- Treated timber, sawdust - General waste
- Cleanfill (concrete, stones, rubble, soil) - General waste
- Human/animal waste, nappies - General waste