Care in the community
Being ready for getting COVID-19 is about making sure you and your household have a plan and know what to do. It will mean your whānau and community can help each other if needed.
Check out the Taranaki District Health Board website for some simple practical things you can do now in case you, or someone in your household becomes unwell, or if COVID-19 becomes widespread in our community.
Vaccination clinics and testing
For more information, including locations of interest, see TDHB - COVID-19.
The Ministry of Social Development has provided the below details for people seeking support.
Enquiries about income, housing, employment or Covid-19 support:
- 0800 559 009 for working age people
- 0800 552 002 for over-65s
- 0800 88 99 00 for students
- 0800 512 337 Covid Welfare Line 8am-8pm, 7 days a week
Council facilities under ORANGE
Under the Orange Traffic Light setting, council facilities are open.
Face masks continue to be an important protection and are required for many indoor settings but not when outdoors.
When visiting our Service Centre, Library and Visitor Information Centre and the Percy Thomson Gallery you should still wear a face mask. Face masks are encouraged when visiting the TSB Pool Complex, but not compulsory under Orange.
At orange there are no number limits for outdoor or indoor gatherings.
We still ask that if you’re feeling unwell, to please follow the Ministry of Health advice, get tested and stay at home. If you or someone in your house gets COVID-19, you still need to self-isolate for seven days.
A reminder to residents that you can get in touch through our contactless service by phone 06 765 6099 and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d prefer.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 and the Traffic Light System visit, covid19.govt.nz
- We encourage you to prepare for what you need to do if you or someone in your whānau get COVID-19. To help be prepared, use the Readiness Checklist on the COVID-19 website.
- For vaccination and testing clinics in Taranaki visit tdhb.org.nz
- To keep our staff and community safe visitors should be wearing a face mask.
- Justice of the Peace desk is operating as normal on Thursdays.
- For the latest information on Library events and programmes contact staff on 06 765 5403
- You can also stay up to date with the Library and Visitor Information Centre by following them on Facebook.
- Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays until further notice.
- To keep our staff and community safe visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask when entering and moving around the facility if not in the pool.
- You can stay up to date with the TSB Pool Complex by following them on Facebook.
- Bookings for the Centennial Restrooms and War Memorial Centre are open.
- At orange there are no number limits for outdoor or indoor gatherings.