Waste Levy Fund
Do you have an idea that could reduce or reuse waste?
We want to see a measurable decrease in the amount of waste going into our landfill. That’s why we’ve created a new Waste Levy Fund to financially support projects that avoid, reduce, recycle, recover, or reuse waste in the Stratford district.
Download and fill in the editable PDF application form
Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Stratford District Council, PO Box 320, Miranda Street, Stratford 4352
Applications closed on Friday 10 March 2023. Keep an eye on our website for our next funding round in late 2023.
How much funding is available?
There is $25,000 available annually in the Waste Levy Fund.
Applications for the July 2022 to June 2023 year opens on Monday 13 February and closes on Friday 10 March.
Your project can be big or small. You can apply for any amount, as long as it doesn’t exceed the $25,000 we have available for each annual allocation. You can reapply for funding if your project runs for longer than one financial year.
Who can apply?
Individuals, community organisations, or not-for-profits can make an application to use the fund. Businesses can’t apply, but they can share ideas with community groups or individuals who may be eligible.
You or your organisation can be based outside of the Stratford district, but your project has to be located in, and benefit, the Stratford community.
Is my project eligible?
To successfully apply for funding, your project has to avoid, reduce, recycle, recover, or reuse waste in the Stratford district. We encourage you to be creative with your ideas.
Your project must:
- Promote or achieve waste minimisation in a way that’s consistent with our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
- Provide benefits to the present and future needs of our district
- Result in new waste minimisation activity. This could be as a result of a new initiative, or the expansion or improvement of an existing activity
- Be able to show a measurable and positive impact after your funding ends
Projects can include, but aren’t limited to:
- Research, education or behaviour change programmes
- Infrastructure or activities that help divert resources from landfill
- The design of project stewardship schemes
- Other initiatives that can contribute to the actions and priorities in our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
If you’re successful in your funding request, you’ll need to submit reports on any funds spent and the measurable reductions in waste that your project has achieved.
Where’s the funding from?
The Government charges a levy on all waste disposed of through landfills across the country. Half of the money raised is distributed to territorial authorities, including the Stratford District Council. We’ve used this money to set up our Waste Levy Fund.
Reducing the amount of general waste going into our landfills is great for ratepayers and our environment!
Who can I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions about the fund, eligibility, or how to apply, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or call 06 765 6099.