Draft Mobile or Travelling Shops Bylaw
Council has reviewed the draft Mobile or Travelling Shops Bylaw 2021 and is now seeking feedback.
This bylaw ensures that mobile or travelling shop operators are licensed to sell goods and that any vehicle or place used for the sale of goods, is suitable and safe for the purpose.
Council has proposed several amendments to the Mobile and Travelling Shops 2008 bylaw as part of the draft 2021 bylaw, these include:
- The revision of clauses and deletion of clauses that have been superseded by legislation.
- The bylaw now allows for exemptions.
- Licences are required for trading in the Stratford District.
- The bylaw addresses mobile signage.
- The bylaw includes a location map outlining permitted and restricted areas for trading.
The Statement of Proposal and draft bylaw is available to view below.
We encourage everyone with an interest in the draft Mobile or Travelling Shops Bylaw 2021 to make a submission by emailing email@example.com, writing to Director, Environmental Services Stratford District Council PO Box 320, STRATFORD 4352 or completing our online submission form.
Submissions must be received no later than Saturday 14 August 2021 at 4.30pm.