As part of the 2018-28 Long Term Plan, Council identified the need to replace the current TSB Pool Complex facility with a new building, providing significant improvements and increased levels of service in a more comfortable indoor swimming pool experience.
The benefits of this development include:
- Future requirements – a facility that better meets the future needs of the community
- Regional benefits – a facility that better caters for the needs of the Stratford district and its neighbours
- More choice – a facility that delivers a better and wider ranges of services
- Growth - a facility that stimulates community growth and development
- Destination – a facility that makes Stratford more attractive as a place to either live, work or play.
How’s it being funded?
The project needed to attract some grant funding in order to go ahead, and in 2020 Council was successful in receiving a Provincial Growth Fund grant of $8million towards the project. The total cost of the project is $20million, with the remaining $12million being funded through rates and other external funding.
What’s happened so far?
The project was approved as part of the Long Term Plan 2018-28
August - Council sought feedback from the community on the pool development location and approved the location to be the corner of Portia Street and Regan Street (on the King Edward Park Reserve)
September – Contractors appointed
December - Designs signed off
February - Site blessed and construction started
Completion of the facility is due end of 2022. Watch this space!