Creative Communities Scheme
This grant aims to increase participation in the arts at the local level, and to increase the range and diversity of arts available to communities.
The amount of funding available is approximately $12,000 per annum.
There are two funding rounds per year, in March and August.
August 2019 Funding Round
Who can apply for funding?
An application be can made by an individual or group. Individual applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident.
Projects or activities that may be funded
Projects that may be considered under this scheme should
- have an arts or cultural focus
- take place within the Stratford District
- meet at least one of the three funding criteria
- produce benefits which are largely experienced within the Stratford District, eg. the activity primarily draws its audiences from within the Stratford District
- not have started before an application for funding is assessed
- not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose
Projects or activities that will not be funded
Funding will not be provided for
- facility development
- purchase of artworks for galleries
- arts activities in education institutions normally funded through curriculum
- accumulate debt
- catering costs
- fundraising costs
- local authority projects
- prize monies
- retrospective costs
- debt servicing costs
- philanthropic organisations whose primary purpose is to give funds to other groups.
Projects funded in 2019
- Taranaki Artocracy - an exhibition of Taranaki artists - currated by Jan Huÿbers (applicant)
- Taranaki Diocesan For Girls - House Music Competition
- Stratford Art Society - biannual exhibition of members' works - Summer Exhibition
- Taranaki Embroiderers - bi-ennial exhibition of members works
- Stratford District Youth Council - A Scary Night
- Stratford Primary School - school production about Maori myth and legend
- Last Updated: Monday, 05 August 2019 03:58
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
Your Favourites are empty
Start adding to your favourites by clicking the '+' button on any item, adding it to ‘Favourites’.