From 1 October, Taranaki residents will see some changes to their rubbish and recycling collection service as the three district councils take a regional approach to waste minimisation.
In another shared service, New Plymouth, Stratford and South Taranaki have entered into a region-wide solid waste collection contract with EnviroWaste Services Ltd which starts in October 2015.
The collaborative approach will reduce Taranaki's waste impact on the environment and save ratepayers money at the same time.
The changes will include new sets of bins and an improved recycling system which is more efficient, allows residents to recycle more items and lessons the amount of rubbish going to landfill.
The new suite of bins will be delivered to residents between July and September. Keep an eye out for the information pack, delivered with the bins, that will tell you all about the new system, when your waste will be collected from the kerbside and also what can and cannot be recycled.
Some people's rubbish collection days may change, but we are trying to make the changes as seamless as possible. There will be heaps of time to find out how the system will work and lots of information will be available.
Make sure you come along to one of the open days in September to get more of an understanding of how things are changing – and a closer look at the trucks.
Specific Changes to the Stratford District:
- Additional 60L blue glass crate for recycling glass collected on a fortnightly basis.
- Expanded range of recyclables (numbers 1 – 7).
- All collections will be on a Monday.
- Retains weekly collection of general waste.
- Recycling collection increased to fortnightly.
- Open day 10am - 1pm Saturday 5 September War Memorial car park.
- Last Updated: Sunday, 06 September 2015 01:42
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
The email has been sent.