As of 11.59pm on Sunday 14 February 2021, New Zealand will be moving to Alert Level 2, with the exception of Auckland who will move to Alert Level 3, for three days.
For Stratford District Council, this means facilities will be operating under Level 2 guidelines and ask that residents be patient and adhere to guidelines in place to keep our staff and the community well.
If your business with Council can be done by phone, email or online please consider that option before heading into one of our facilities.
An outline of Council services at Alert Level 2 is below.
- Stratford Transfer Station will open as per the normal operating hours. To continue to keep our staff and community safe, payment is contactless, by EFTPOS or account only.
- Transfer station opening hours and charges are available at: www.stratford.govt.nz/council/services/rubbish-recycling
Library & i-SITE
Stratford i-SITE/Library will be open normal hours, with some public health measures in place to keep staff and our community safe.
Visitors will need to provide details for contact tracing via app, iPad or the paper register.
We ask that you use one of our sanitiser stations before entering the facility.
Visitors need to practice physical distancing. We’ll be limiting the number of people entering the facility.
Children under 16 years must be supervised by a parent/caregiver.
We're asking visitors to use the Library/i-SITE for shorter periods of time to give everyone the opportunity to access services safely.
People can return books through our return slot (NOT hand them to staff) however we do ask that you don't if you or someone in the household has been unwell at all.
No chrome books will be available.
- Online services such as access to eBooks and eAudio continue to be available. Visit www.stratford.govt.nz/council/facilities/library
TSB Pool Complex
- Visitors will need to provide details for contact tracing. This is done on an iPad at reception or you can use the NZ COVID Tracer App. Visitors must sign out upon exiting.
- To meet with the Level 2 restrictions there will be a limit of 100 patrons within the facility at any one time.
- Following the Ministry of Health, and the NZRA guidelines, our facility will only be available for structured swimming such as lane swimming and programs such as flyers swim school. No leisure swimming until further notice.
During Level 2 lane swimmers are restricted to:Monday 6.00am-3.30pmTuesday 6.00am-3.30pm and 6.30pm-7.30pmWednesday 6.00am-3.30pmThursday 6.00am-3.30pm and 6.30pm-7.30pmFriday 6.00am-3.30pm and 6.30pm-7.30pmWeekend yet to be confirmed
- Private lessons will continue as this is considered structured swimming. Measures have been put in place to reduce contact.
- Our changing rooms are available to use, however the showers in the large changing rooms will not be available. The individual family changing room are the only showers that may be used. It is preferred that all pool users arrive and leave the facility in their swimwear.
- Group Fitness classes will continue to run.
- Level 2 physical distancing rules apply pool side, and in the water (1 metre). Please be mindful of your surroundings.
- The canteen is open. We will continue to sell packaged goods and bottled drinks.
- During Level 2 Birthday Party bookings will not be going ahead. TSB Pool management will be in contact if your booking is affected.
- Our Pool team is working hard to ensure you are safe so please follow their guidance and the rules. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have COVID-19, are being tested for COVID-19 then please do not enter the TSB Pool Complex.
- Our Service Centre will be open normal hours with public health measures in place.
- Visitors may need to provide details for contact tracing and practice physical distancing.
Where possible, we encourage people to pay using the below contactless methods:
- Pay online with your Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank transfer (you can ring your bank and request this)
- Send your cheque by post or drop it off at our Service Centre on Miranda Street.
Building, Planning and Resource Consents
We are processing building, planning and resource consents and undertaking inspections as normal.
Animal services continue as normal. Please call 06 765 6099 if you need to make a service request.
For Council updates check our website's latest news or see Council’s Facebook Page.
Remember at Alert Level 2:
You can still go to work and school, but you should:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a mask if you can.
If you're unwell
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
- If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 18 February 2021 09:40
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
The email has been sent.