Plastic Free July is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities.
Get involved with Plastic Free July by choosing to refuse single-use plastics!
As a collective, taking small, daily actions to minimise our plastics adds up to create a movement with measured impact.
Stratford District Council’s vision of the Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (WMMP) is ‘Towards Zero Waste’. Council’s goals are to maximise opportunities to reduce waste to landfill, reduce the harmful and costly effects of waste and to improve efficiency of resource use.
Plastic Free July is a great opportunity to get into a new habit by choosing to refuse single-use plastic for the month.
Single-use plastic bags will no longer be available from businesses as of 1 July 2019. A move that will help us all move towards zero waste.
Throughout July Stratford District Council will be sharing some simple tips to help people reduce their plastic use. Follow Council’s Facebook page to keep up to date.
The July school holiday programme also has a Plastic Free July theme, and children can get involved with fun activities using recyclables. Check out the programme on our website and Facebook page.
Four simple tips for reducing household waste:
- Refuse to accept single-use rubbish such as straws or plastic bags.
- Reduce your waste consumption by taking multi-use bags for shopping and having reusable food-wraps.
- Reuse materials more than once. Go to work or school with a waste-free lunch. Try and go for zero packaging and only use reusable containers.
- Recycle glass, plastics, paper, cardboard and tin through the public recycling service at the kerbside or at your nearest transfer station.
Not sure what can be recycled? Check out the Recycling search on our website, or download the Stratford District Council Recycling App from the app store or google play.
For more information visit www.plasticfreejuly.org
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 02 July 2019 04:06
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
Your Favourites are empty
Start adding to your favourites by clicking the '+' button on any item, adding it to ‘Favourites’.