Stratford A&P Association Proposal
Council is seeking your feedback on a proposal from the Stratford Agricultural and Pastoral Association (“A&P Association”).
- Complete the online feedback form
- Post to Chief Executive, Stratford District Council, PO Box 320, Stratford or drop off at 61-63 Miranda Street
Draft Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees Bylaw 2020
Council has reviewed its current Keeping of Animals and Poultry Bylaw in accordance with Sections 83 and 145 of the Local Government Act 2002.
Council is proposing some amendments to the bylaw and renaming it Keeping of Animals,Poultry and Bees Bylaw. This bylaw regulates the keeping of animals (including pigs, poultry,bees, livestock and cats) within the district to ensure they do not create a nuisance or endanger health.
A summary of the proposed amendments is below:
- Minor amendments to wording of clauses for clarity.
- Deletion of clauses considered no longer necessary.
- The addition of keeping cats and kittens.
- Additional provisions for the keeping of bees.
- Clarity around the keeping of roosters within the urban area.
- The addition of a Stratford District map.
The Statement of Proposal and a copy of the Draft Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees Bylaw 2020 and a submission form are available below and at the following locations:
- Council Service Centre, 61-63 MirandaStreet, Stratford
- Stratford Library, Prospero Place
Submissions will close on Monday 16 November 2020 at 9.00am.
- Last Updated: Sunday, 18 October 2020 21:19
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099