- Mt Taranaki
- Forgotten World Highway - State Highway 43
- Forgotten World Adventures Rail Carts
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 February 2017 23:32
Stratford offers the best access points to the iconic Mt Taranaki.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 02:42
Stratford's revered glockenspiel stands proud in the main street, Broadway, and is unique to New Zealand.
- Last Updated: Sunday, 06 November 2016 01:46
The Stratford to Taumarunui Heritage Trail was established in 1990 to give travellers an awareness of the rich and unique history along the route linking these important Taranaki and Central North Island centres.
- Last Updated: Friday, 09 August 2013 02:42
Experience a railway tour with a difference.
Stratford is nestled at the junction of two major roads (SH3 and SH43) in the North Island of New Zealand, and sits on the banks of the Patea River.
Heritage & History
Initial settlements in the Stratford District were small Maori villages in the forested hills as places of refuge in times of war, and for seasonal activities.
i-SITE VISITOR PHONE:
0800 765 670
Stratford i-Site Visitor
Prospero Place, Broadway, Stratford
Freephone: 0800 765 670
Your Favourites are empty
Start adding to your favourites by clicking the '+' button on any item, adding it to ‘Favourites’.